Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://ronankeating-france.blogspot.fr/
@nnie
Modératrice
Modératrice

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: "ONCE MUSICAL" - WEST END    Ven 6 Mar - 20:32

Boyzone back on tour as Ronan Keating finishes up in Once

The critics have been raving about Ronan Keating’s performance in Once: The Musical but the singer has ruled out appearing on the West End again soon.

The Swords native is set to finish up his run as Guy in the popular musical in three weeks but despite its success he doesn’t think he’ll do it again.

I don’t think I’d do a musical again. Unless it was something as good as Once which was ideal,” he admitted.

“Your social life, everything goes out the window, you have to very disciplined, there’s no going out to clubs – you can’t be talking after the show.”

The 38-year-old also reminisced about auditioning for Moulin Rouge alongside Leonardo DiCaprio and Ewan McGregor.

“The director Baz Luhrmann flew me to New York and I was there with DiCaprio and McGregor and these cats,” he told Eoghan McDermot on 2fm.

“I met Leo recently, we were playing cards together in Sydney last year and I said to him: ‘Mate you’ll never remember this, but we both auditioned together for Moulin Rouge’ and he goes: ‘I remember.’

“And I said: ‘Oh man, my acting was shite.’ And he said ‘Don’t worry about it, so was my singing’.”

Meanwhile, Ronan will only have a few months off as Boyzone have revealed they’re going on tour again.

The band – which is made up of Ronan, Shane Lynch, Keith Duffy and Mikey Graham – released a Motown album last Christmas but they weren’t sure if they would all be free at the same time to go on tour.

Shane took to his Instagram account yesterday to announce their good news, captioning a picture of the band: “So it’s on. Jakarta in Indonesia is the first Asian date on the BZLive gigs this year. Really looking forward to seeing all our fans, it’s been a while.”

The boys will play Jakarta on May 22 with more dates to be announced later.

hnews@herald.ie
@nnie
Modératrice
Modératrice

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: "ONCE MUSICAL" - WEST END    Lun 9 Mar - 21:46

http://www.indielondon.co.uk/Theatre-Review/once-phoenix-theatre-review

Once - Phoenix Theatre (review)

Review by Lizzie Guilfoyle

On March 21, 2015, after a little under two years at the Phoenix Theatre, Once The Musical will complete its West End run. It was, therefore, somewhat belatedly that I went along to see this extraordinary show that has not only won the theatre industry’s most prestigious awards but also captivated audiences both here and in America.

But what is it about this relatively simple story that tugs so at the heart strings?

Maybe it’s simplicity itself. Based on the much-loved Oscar-winning film, Once is about an Irish busker and a young Czech mother, who meet purely by chance; their love of music sparking a deep connection and a tender, longing romance that neither of them could have expected.

Could it also be because the script is both witty and bitter-sweet, cleverly depicting two young people who are obviously falling in love with each other but are afraid to admit it for fear of rejection? That’s something we can all empathise with.

Or could it be because the roles of Guy and Girl are currently played with such disarming sincerity by Ronan Keating and Jill Winternitz

Keating, here making a very creditable West End debut, captures the charm and insecurities of a young man disillusioned by love and fearful of breaking away from the monotony of his every day existence. Moreover, his unique voice more than does justice to the songs, among them the haunting Oscar-winning Falling Slowly.

Winternitz, too, is superb and imbues her character with both charm and vulnerability thereby ensuring that her determination to help isn’t misconstrued as, at best, interference, at worst, downright bossiness. No mean feat given the enormity of the undertaking. More importantly, the onstage chemistry between her and Keating is totally and utterly believable.

Could yet another reason for the show’s success be the combined talents of the remaining cast members, actor/musicians all, who present a formidable entourage of Irish and Czech characters? As so often is the case in a West End production, to mention one and not another would be to do them all a grave injustice. Suffice to say none disappoint.

Bob Crowley’s simple set design with its surrounding mirrors is inspired and adds a whole new dimension to proceedings; another reason perhaps why Once continues to delight West End audiences. And I haven’t even mentioned John Tiffany’s skilful direction…

Personally, I think it’s a combination of all six (plus a few I haven’t mentioned) but whatever, one thing is certain, Once is a remarkable show and with just two weeks remaining, I’d urge you to go along to the Phoenix Theatre and buy a ticket. You won’t be disappointed.
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: "ONCE MUSICAL" - WEST END    Mar 10 Mar - 18:41

merci
@nnie
Modératrice
Modératrice

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: "ONCE MUSICAL" - WEST END    Mer 11 Mar - 15:11

http://www.broadwayworld.com/westend/article/Photo-Flash-Last-Call-for-Jill-Winternitz-Ronan-Keating-in-West-Ends-ONCE-20150311

Photo Flash: Last Call for Jill Winternitz & Ronan Keating in West End's ONCE

March 11
9:21 AM

Ronan Keating and Jill Winternitz as Guy and Girl lead the cast in Once The Musical at the Phoenix Theatre until 21 March 2015 when the production will complete its West End run prior to a European tour. Keating joined the internationally award-winning Once in November last year. Take a look at some production photos below!

Based on the much-loved Oscar-winning film, Once bursts onto the stage with a musical celebration of love, friendship and Irish music performed by cast of actor/musicians. A chance encounter between a girl and guy from different worlds but with a shared love of music and songwriting sparks a deep connection and a tender, unexpected romance.

The West End production of Once opened in April 2013 and went on to win the 2014 Olivier Award for Outstanding Achievement in Music.

The critically acclaimed Australian production ofOnce opened at the Princess Theatre in Melbourne last year. The Broadway production, winner of 8 Tony awards including Best Musical, played at the Bernard B Jacobs Theatre until 4 January 2015 where it ran for three successful years.

The US tour, now in its second year, continues and later this year will make a visit to Japan

. A Toronto production opens in February and the first non-English language production will open in Seoul, South Korea in December 2015. Also in development are productions in Sweden, Brazil, Holland, Greece, The Czech Republic, Thailand, Ireland, along with a Japanese language production.

Once has book by award-winning Irish playwright and screenwriter Enda Walsh. Based on the 2007 motion picture written and directed by John Carney, music and lyrics are by Academy Award® winning Glen Hansard and Markéta Irglová who, for Falling Slowly, won the Oscar for Best Original Song. Directed for the stage by John Tiffany, Once has scenic and costume designs by Bob Crowley, lighting by Natasha Katz, sound by Clive Goodwin, musical supervision and orchestrations by Martin Lowe and movement by Steven Hoggett. Once won the 2013 Grammy award for Best Musical Theatre album. The Martin Guitar Company is the proud sponsor of Once. The original cast recording of Once is available via Masterworks Broadway, a label of Sony Masterworks - www.MasterworksBroadway.com

The Producers of the West End production are Barbara Broccoli, John N. Hart Jr., Patrick Milling Smith, Frederick Zollo, Brian Carmody, Michael G. Wilson, Orin Wolf and Michael Rose in association with New York Theatre Workshop.

Ronan Keating and Jill Winternitz as Guy and Girl lead the cast in Once The Musical at the Phoenix Theatre until 21 March 2015 when the production will complete its West End run prior to a European tour. Keating joined the internationally award-winning Once in November last year.

Dernière édition par @nnie le Jeu 12 Mar - 20:30, édité 1 fois
@nnie
Modératrice
Modératrice

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: "ONCE MUSICAL" - WEST END    Jeu 12 Mar - 20:24

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/430344/stephen-Gately-ronan-keating

'Stephen Gately would have been so proud' Ronan Keating tells of heartache
RONAN KEATING has spoken out about the agony he faces that ex-bandmate, Stephen Gately, is not able to see him take to the stage in London.

By Jack Hardwick / Published 12th March 2015
Gately tragically died in Spain due to an undetected heart condition back in 2009.

Since then, Boyzone have done a limited number of group projects, with Ronan currently starring in the West End musical Once

Based on the 2007 film of the same name, Once tells the story of an Irish guy and an Eastern European girl who meet in Dublin.

Speaking of taking to the stage without musical loving Gately to see him, the 38-year-old singer explained: "He would [be so proud]. I so wish he could have seen me do it.

"He did many shows. He always wanted to do Jersey Boys, that was the one he really wanted to do but he never did. He'd have loved Once."

Stephen famously secured the lead role Joseph & Technicolour Dreamcoat back in 2003, much to critical acclaim.

ONCE: Ronan is starring in the west end musical once [GETTY]
The 90s heartthrob has also confirmed he is in the processes of writing a new solo album.

Chatting to The Version, Keating said: "I've been writing so much [for my new album] I've been able to use a lot of what I've learned from doing Once and I just love that folky style and the songs are amazing. I think I've improved musically."

@nnie
Modératrice
Modératrice

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: "ONCE MUSICAL" - WEST END    Jeu 12 Mar - 20:43

http://theversion.co.uk/2015/03/12/exclusive-interview-ronan-keating-on-life-after-once/

Exclusive Interview: Ronan Keating on life after ONCE.

Ronan Keating has won critical acclaim for his role in the hit West End musical Once, which has been keeping his busy for some five months now.  

With less than two weeks left for the show to run, The Version caught up with him before he took to the stage to see what’s in store for him once the curtain comes down.

Ronan, doing one thing for five months must be the closest thing you’ve had to a day job.  How have you found the experience?

It’s been very different from anything i’ve done before, I’ve had to be in a different frame of mind for it. The repetition, one show, sometimes two shows a day for a a long stint of time. It is like a normal job in the sense that I come to one place every day, see the same people and have the same routine.  It’s been fantastic, it’s been like a small family, but I am ready to get my life back and crack on with my solo album. You’re preparing all day, every day.

How do you mean, preparing?
Well, I think people think that you just turn up at the theatre each evening, do the show and go home but it’s not like that. You have to look after your voice, you have to do run throughs and rehearsals every day. I don’t eat dinner until I get home at about 10.30pm and then I unwind with some tv before I go to bed at about 2am.  Then I have to be up the next day, and off we go again. We rehearse all the time, we warm up every day too.  It’s a lot of work, you wouldn’t imagine.

How does performing in the theatre compare with being gigs?
It is very different, very different.   People are up so close and people are very quiet, just concentrating.  You feel so exposed… it took me a while to get used to when I started.  It’s done me wonders though, the songs, the performances… I have learned so much.  Some of it is just me, my guitar and the audience. No band, no bandmates just me.  Sometimes the audience don’t even clap, because it’s so intense, it’s very different to doing gigs.

Is it in a way better having people sitting and actually listening rather than having them just come and sing at you like they do at gigs?
It’s not better, it’s just different, totally different.  And it can vary with each performance, sometimes people clap, sometimes they just listen, sometimes they know the words.  But equally I love performing live at gigs. It’s interesting how much performing can vary.

You mentioned a new solo album. Is that what you’ll be up to when Once finishes in a couple of weeks?
Yes, I’ve been writing so much. I’ve been able to use a lot of what I’ve learned from doing Once and I just love that folky style and the songs are amazing.  I think I’ve improved musically and I’m looking forward to writing new songs.  I’m writing all the time.

Many of your fans want to know if this is the beginning of a long career in musical theatre?
I haven’t got any plans to do more, but never say never. If the right thing came up you never know. It took me a while to decide to do Once, I had to be sure it would be right for me, but the Director is just amazing and I’m so glad I did it

Stephen Gately would have been proud to have seen you working in theatre wouldn’t he?
He would. I so wish he could have seen me do it. He did many shows…. he always wanted to do Jersey Boys, that was the one he really wanted to do but never did. He’d have loved Once.

Other than writing your album, what else do you have coming up?
We have some big Boyzone shows in the Summer. I’m really looking forward to doing those with the lads, we’re doing a few and it’ll be great.

I take it you won’t have time for X Factor Australia?
No, that’s right. I had five years on X Factor and loved it but it’s time to move on now and do other things, so no more X Factor for me.

Speaking of tv shows, your fans want to know if you’d do Strictly?
No, no that’s not for me.

Also there’s been lots written about your personal plans… plans to marry, have a baby, move house… are these rumours true?
Well plans are plans, but I’m not going to sit here and say I’m going to be doing this then, and this then, we’ll just see where the year takes us.  I’m not saying what’s happening when or where, we’ll just wait and see.

Your relationship with Storm seems very strong. She does some great work doesn’t she, you must be proud?
I’m so proud of Storm, so proud. She’s an incredible woman. Her strength is inspiring. Actually it was her who convinced me to do Once. I wasn’t sure in my ability but she gave me the confidence to do it.

I must say, considering how long you’ve been in the business, you come across as being very humble. Why’s that?

I am humble, I think it’s because I’m Irish! The thing is… i’ve seen people come and people go and you learn from it.  I just do what I do and I want to do the best I can do for my family and that’s it.

In terms of you coming back with a new solo album, does it worry you that the industry is so obsessed with hyping up people like Sam Smith and Ed Sheeran, and then you’ve got to come back into that musical landscape?
No, I want to make the best album I can. I’m not here to compete with other people. I’m inspired by other people but I’m here to make my album and put it out there.

There aren’t many days left of Once, will fans get to hear you performing the songs once it ends say on a dvd, album or anything?

Oh yeah only fourteen more shows left I can’t believe it. I’m ready to get my life back but I’m so going to miss it.  I will perform these songs again, they are so special and the music is just great. I hope to perform some of them live in solo shows and who knows, I might be able to re-work one or two of the songs for my album I don’t know, it’s too early to say yet, but I absolutely want to perform these songs again yes.

That’s good news, your fans will be thrilled.  Before you go, tell us about your work with Grind coffee?

Grind Coffee is just the best coffee, and Storm and I absolutely love it. We found it, this little place in London and the people were so passionate about the coffee. A lot goes into it, it’s a real skill and the coffee is just great. And you know, coffee is very important if you think how much of it is enjoyed.  Storm and I created our own blend and it’s not just a one off, we want to keep working with the guys, we have a great relationship with them and we absolutely love it.

We have to let you go now so best of luck with your final performances and we look forward to your new album.
Thanks for all your support, keep in touch and god bless.
Visit oncethemusical.com to get tickets to see Ronan in Once whilst you still can.  Ronan performs with Boyzone at a number of dates this Summer, click here for details.
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: "ONCE MUSICAL" - WEST END    Sam 14 Mar - 11:04

merci
@nnie
Modératrice
Modératrice

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: "ONCE MUSICAL" - WEST END    Mer 18 Mar - 15:21