Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
Aller à la page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Suivant
AuteurMessage
@nnie
Modératrice
Modératrice

Féminin

MessageSujet: "ONCE MUSICAL" - WEST END    Ven 6 Juin - 7:47

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2650051/BAZ-BAMIGBOYE-Ronans-attack-nerves-hits-West-End.htmlC

BAZ BAMIGBOYE: Ronan's attack of nerves as he makes his West End debut in musical Once
5 June 2014 | UPDATED: 00:45 GMT, 6 June 2014

West End Debut: Ronan Keating is to star in musical Once

Pop singer Ronan Keating is turning into a West End star.  The former Boyzone lead singer will make his stage acting debut in the musical Once.

Keating joked that he received a phone call from Barbara Broccoli, who produces the James Bond films and Once, ‘on her 007 number’.

He added: ‘I’ve been offered quite a few theatre roles in the past, but when the call came from her on her 007 phone, I had to take it seriously.’

Once is about a Dublin busker who falls for a Czech pianist. ‘I’m an Irish musician, too, so I think I can do that,’ he teased.

But as well as great songs, there’s also plenty of dialogue. Keating said he watched the show this week in New York, notebook in hand, and realised that he has a lot of lines to learn.

‘It’s scary. I never saw myself going into the West End. I’ve always gone to shows and used to see a lot of stuff with Stephen,’ he said, referring to his late friend and bandmate Stephen Gately. ‘This is like a play with music, and for me it’s daunting. I won’t hide from you that I’m scared.

‘The character’s a musician and I’ve spent 20 years trying to be Ronan Keating the musician, so I guess I can spend four months playing another character.’

I pointed out that having watched his videos and seen his performances on TV, he is an expert at projecting the emotional heart of a song.
Last year, well before any hint of him being in the show, he did a duet on Kimberley Walsh’s Centre Stage album of the song Falling Slowly, which is a highlight of Once.

It was originally written for the film version and won an Oscar for best song for Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova.

Keating has seen Once several times and on each occasion, he admitted, he and girlfriend Storm Uechtritz ended up crying

He laughed and said he’s a little concerned he’ll start blubbing on stage during the show.
Emotional: Keating says he has seen Once several times and on each occasion, he admitted, he and girlfriend Storm Uechtritz (pictured) ended up crying

Ronan will take over the role of the busker (currently played by David Hunter) at the Phoenix Theatre, London, from November 17 for a limited season through to March 21

He added that he needs to get his head around performing eight shows a week.
‘I’ve started thinking about my regimen — keeping the voice healthy and me keeping in shape. No late nights. I want to be the best I can be,’ he told me.

For now he’s contracted only for London, but if all goes well Ms Broccoli will be back on her 007 phone, signing him up for Broadway.

Dernière édition par @nnie le Ven 6 Juin - 20:23, édité 1 fois
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://ronankeating-france.blogspot.fr/
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: "ONCE MUSICAL" - WEST END    Ven 6 Juin - 19:28

merci
@nnie
Modératrice
Modératrice

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: "ONCE MUSICAL" - WEST END    Ven 6 Juin - 20:23

Ronan is said to be thrilled and described the role as “perfect”. According to BBC news Ronan said

“When I was asked about playing the lead male (who is a busker in Dublin) I was completely overwhelmed because I knew it would be perfect – this was my home town, my people, and the place where I began my own music career.

“But as exciting as that is, it’s scary too. I’ve never performed on the West End and this is a huge challenge and commitment.I’m really looking forward to returning to London later this year and completely sinking my teeth into the role. I think there’s going to be lots to learn and lots to gain from this experience and I just want to be the absolute best that I can be.

http://www.whatsonstage.com/london-theatre/news/05-2014/david-hunter-jill-winternitz-once-video_34549.html

Video: David Hunter and Jill Winternitz talk about their new roles in Once
We met with the new Guy and Girl in town at the Phoenix Theatre

David Hunter (Guy) and Jill Winternitz (Girl)recently took over the leads in the West End production of Once.
Hunter, who originally joined the show in July last year understudying the role of Guy, was a semi-finalist on Andrew Lloyd Webber's ITV casting show Superstar on ITV. His theatre credits include One Man Two Guvnors, Seussical and The Hired Man. Winternitz (Girl) made her West End debut starring as Baby in Dirty Dancing at the Piccadilly Theatre and then on tour around the UK.

Based on the 2006 film, Once is a celebration of love, friendship and music. When an Irish busker and a young Czech mother meet through a shared love of music, their songwriting sparks a deep connection and a tender, longing romance that neither of them could have expected.
We met with the pair to see how they are getting on, you can watch the interview below or on Youtube by clicking here.

“The music and storyline are so incredibly moving and combined with John Tiffany’s direction, I believe it’s a modern-day masterpiece. It’s unlike anything else I’ve ever seen”

http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/480665/Ronan-Keating-to-make-West-End-debut-in-Once

http://www.heraldscotland.com/arts-ents/music/boyzone-star-ronan-keating-to-make-west-end-debut.1402045669?utm_source=www.heraldscotland.com&utm_medium=RSS%20Feed&utm_campaign=Scottish%20Arts%20News

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-27730136
@nnie
Modératrice
Modératrice

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: "ONCE MUSICAL" - WEST END    Sam 7 Juin - 6:35

http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/passtheremote/2014/06/ronan-keating-makes-west-end-d.html

Ronan Keating Makes West End Debut
By Marion McMullen on Jun 6, 14 11:09 AM

Former Boyzone star Ronan Keating is making his West End debut playing a busker in hit musical Once.

The show, based on the film of the same name, is a love story between an Irish singer and Czech woman who meet on the streets of Dublin.

Ronan, who joins the cast on November 17, said he was "truly bowled over" when he first saw the show.

He said: "The music and storyline are so incredibly moving and combined with John Tiffany's direction, I believe it's a modern-day masterpiece. It's unlike anything else I've ever seen.

"When I was asked about playing the lead male (who is a busker in Dublin) I was completely overwhelmed because I knew it would be perfect - this was my home town, my people, and the place where I began my own music career.

"But as exciting as that is, it's scary too. I've never performed in the West End and this is a huge challenge and commitment. I'm really looking forward to returning to London later this year and completely sinking my teeth into the role. I think there's going to be lots to learn and lots to gain from this experience and I just want to be the absolute best that I can be."

The West End production, which opened in April 2013 and won two Olivier awards this year, is at the Phoenix Theatre in Charing Cross Road.
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: "ONCE MUSICAL" - WEST END    Sam 7 Juin - 18:30

merci
@nnie
Modératrice
Modératrice

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: "ONCE MUSICAL" - WEST END    Sam 7 Juin - 18:41

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-27730136

Ronan Keating to make West End debut in Once

Keating recently provided the singing voice for Postman Pat in the film of the same name

Singer Ronan Keating will make his West End debut in the award-winning musical Once this November.

The former Boyzone star will play leading man Guy, a busker from Dublin.

Keating described the role as "perfect". "This was my home town, my people, and the place where I began my own music career," he said.

"But as exciting as that is, it's scary too. I've never performed on the West End and this is a huge challenge and commitment."

The show, based on a 2007 film, opened in London in April last year and won two Olivier awards, for best actress in a musical and outstanding achievement in music.

'Bowled over'

The show originally premiered in New York in 2011, transferring to Broadway in 2012 and picking up eight Tony awards, as well as a Grammy for best musical theatre album.

It follows the story of a blossoming romance between a Dublin busker and a young Czech mother.

"I was truly bowled over when I first saw Once," said Keating. "The music and storyline are so incredibly moving and combined with John Tiffany's direction, I believe it's a modern-day masterpiece."

"I'm really looking forward to returning to London later this year and completely sinking my teeth into the role."

The musical is currently playing the Phoenix Theatre in London until July 2015.

Ahead of his West End debut, Keating will return to Australia where he will resume his role as a judge on their version of the X-Factor for the fourth consecutive year.

As part of Boyzone, Keating sold more than 25 million records worldwide. He has gone on to sell 20 million as a solo artist.
@nnie
Modératrice
Modératrice

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: "ONCE MUSICAL" - WEST END    Sam 7 Juin - 20:20

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/151468/Ronan-Keating-Incredibly-Excited-As-Once-West-End-Debut-Is-Confirmed

Ronan Keating 'Incredibly Excited' As 'Once' West End Debut Is ConfirmedSinger will be heading to the West End later this year

Ronan Keating has been a singer and a judge, and now the star is set to make his West End debut in the award-winning musical, Once, this November.

Ronan is set to play frontman, Guy, who is a busker from Dublin and the Boyzone star has taken to Twitter to confirm the news and said that he's "incredibly excited" about the whole thing.

"This was my home town, my people, and the place where I began my own music career," the Irish singer said, according to BBC News.

"But as exciting as that is, it's scary too. I've never performed on the West End and this is a huge challenge and commitment."

Ronan is heading to the West End! (WENN)

Once is based on a 2007 film, and has won two Olivier awards since it opened in London in April last year.

"I was truly bowled over when I first saw Once," Keating said. "The music and storyline are so incredibly moving and combined with John Tiffany's direction, I believe it's a modern-day masterpiece."

"I'm really looking forward to returning to London later this year and completely sinking my teeth into the role," he added.

Ronan took to Twitter yesterday to post: "So the News is out. Incredibly excited. Lots of work to do. But really can't wait. @OnceMusicalLDN".

@nnie
Modératrice
Modératrice

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: "ONCE MUSICAL" - WEST END    Dim 8 Juin - 14:12

http://oncethemusical.co.uk/press-release.php

[b]]RESUME[/b]

An unnamed, thirty-something Dublin busker (listed in the credits as "Guy", played by Glen Hansard) sings and plays guitar on Grafton Street, a Dublin shopping district. He struggles with the trials of performing on the street, including chasing after a heroin addict (Darren Healy) who attempts to steal his earnings. Lured by his music, an unnamed young Czech immigrant flower seller (listed in the credits as "Girl", played by Markéta Irglová) approaches him and, despite his annoyance, persists in questioning him about his songs. Delighted to learn that he also repairs vacuum cleaners in his father's shop, she insists that he fix her broken cleaner.

The next day she brings her Hoover by and parlays it into lunch together, whereupon she piques his interest by telling him that she is a musician, too. He asks to hear her play, so they visit a music store where she regularly plays piano. After teaching her one of his songs ("Falling Slowly"), which she quickly learns to play, they sing and play the song together, kindling a musical and potentially romantic connection. He invites her and her ailing vacuum back to his father's shop, and on the bus home musically answers her question as to what his songs are about: a long-time girlfriend who cheated on him, then left ("Broken-Hearted Hoover Fixer Sucker Guy").

At the shop, he repairs her vacuum and she meets his father (Bill Hodnett), who seems indifferent to his son's musical talent. The Guy takes the Girl up to his room, but when he asks her to stay the night, she is offended and leaves. The next day, he apologizes and they quickly patch things up, as over the course of a week they excitedly write, rehearse, and record songs, and get to know each other. Songs continue to be performed in a real-world, diegetic fashion, often in their entirety, as when the Girl rehearses her lyrics for one of the Guy's songs (which she titles "If You Want Me"), singing to herself while walking down the street, or when at a party, people perform impromptu (including "Gold", performed by a trio featuring guitarist Hansard singing harmony).

Their flirtation continues, but at the same time, he is thinking about and writing about ("Lies") his ex-girlfriend (Marcella Plunkett), who moved to London. The Girl encourages him to move there, win his girlfriend back, and pursue his musical career. Invited home to dinner by the Girl, the Guy discovers that she has a toddler (Kate Haugh) and lives with her mother (Danuse Ktrestova). He soon decides that it is time to move to London, but he wants to make a high-quality demo of his songs to take with him and asks the Girl to record it with him. She takes the lead as they secure a loan -- from a bank where the loan officer (Sean Miller) is a musical hobbyist -- and reserve time at a professional studio.

On a romantic motorbike jaunt aboard his father's 1966 6T Triumph Thunderbird, she reveals, much to his consternation, that she is married, though her estranged husband is back in the Czech Republic. When Guy asks if she still loves her husband, she answers in Czech, "Miluju tebe",[7] but coyly declines to translate. Although the translation is not included in the movie, in Czech language it means "It is you I love."

After recruiting a trio of musicians (Gerard Hendrick, Alaistair Foley, Hugh Walsh), they rehearse, then go into the studio to record. Their lack of experience shows, but they quickly impress the jaded studio engineer Eamon (Geoff Minogue) once they begin recording their first song ("When Your Mind's Made Up"). On a break in the wee hours of the morning, the Girl finds a piano in an empty studio and finally plays the Guy one of her own compositions ("The Hill"), which tells of romantic frustration. She breaks down before finishing the song and he responds by asking her to come with him to London, but is not prepared for the reality of her mother coming along to help with the baby.

Still, he is smitten. After the all-night session wraps up successfully, they walk home. Before they part ways, the Girl reveals that she spoke to her husband and he is coming to live with her in Dublin. The Guy asks her to spend his last night in Dublin with him; she says that it would only result in "hanky-panky", which is a "bad idea", but after the Guy's pestering, she ultimately agrees to come over. In the end, she stands him up and he cannot find her to say goodbye before his flight. He plays the demo for his father, who, moved and impressed, gives him money to help him get settled in London. Before leaving for the airport, the Guy buys the Girl a piano (a Petrof) and makes arrangements for its delivery, then calls his ex-girlfriend, who is pleased about his imminent arrival. The Girl's husband (Senan Haugh) moves to Dublin and they reunite.

Dernière édition par @nnie le Mar 2 Sep - 9:25, édité 2 fois
@nnie
Modératrice
Modératrice

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: "ONCE MUSICAL" - WEST END    Dim 8 Juin - 14:14

RONAN KEATING JOINS ONCE!

On 17 November 2014 Ronan Keating will join the West End cast of Olivier award-winning musical Once, to play the leading role of Guy.

Ronan Keating said: "I was truly bowled over when I first saw Once. The music and storyline are so incredibly moving and combined with John Tiffany's direction, I believe it's a modern-day masterpiece. It's unlike anything else I've ever seen. When I was asked about playing the lead male (who is a busker in Dublin) I was completely overwhelmed because I knew it would be perfect - this was my home town, my people, and the place where I began my own music career. But as exciting as that is, it's scary too. I've never performed on the West End and this is a huge challenge and commitment. I'm really looking forward to returning to London later this year and completely sinking my teeth into the role. I think there's going to be lots to learn and lots to gain from this experience and I just want to be the absolute best that I can be."

Directed by John Tiffany, the West End production of Once opened in April 2013 and is currently booking at the Phoenix Theatre to 4 July 2015.

Based on the much-loved Oscar-winning film, Once is a celebration of love, friendship and music performed by cast of actor/musicians. When an Irish busker and a young Czech mother meet through a shared love of music, their songwriting sparks a deep connection and a tender, longing romance that neither of them could have expected.

Irish recording artist, singer-songwriter and musician Ronan Keating launched his career as a member of Boyzone in 1993 and has subsequently enjoyed a hugely successful career as a solo recording artist.

With Boyzone Keating has sold over 25 million records worldwide and as a solo artist 20 million. Before joining the cast of Once, Keating will return to Australia for a fourth year as a judge on The X-Factor.

In April this year Once was the winner of two coveted Olivierawards - including the first ever recipient of the Olivier for Outstanding Achievement in Music. The show has also won 8 Tony awards including Best Musical and the Grammy for Best Musical Theater Album. In addition Glen Hansard and Markéta Irglová's Falling Slowly won the Oscar for Best Original Song.

The current cast comprises David Hunter (Guy) and Jill Winternitz (Girl) who are joined by Fiona Bruce (Baruska), Jamie Cameron (Emcee) Mark Carlisle (Da), Matthew Ganley (Svec), Mathew Hamper (Andre), Daniel Healy (Eamon), Loren O'Dair (Reza), Miria Parvin (Ex-girlfriend), Tim Prottey-Jones (Billy), and Jez Unwin (Bank Manager). Alternating the role of Girl's young daughter Ivanka will be Juliana Cotton, Demi Lee, Gemma Loader and Ruby Payne.

The Broadway production continues at the Bernard B Jacob's Theatre. Later this year an Australian production will open at the Princess Theatre in Melbourne while the US tour continues.

Once has book by award-winning Irish playwright and screenwriter Enda Walsh. Based on the 2007 motion picture written and directed by John Carney, music and lyrics are by Academy Award® winning Glen Hansard and Markéta Irglová who, for Falling Slowly, won the Oscar for Best Original Song. Scenic and costume designs are by Bob Crowley, with lighting by Natasha Katz, sound by Clive Goodwin, musical supervision and orchestrations by Martin Lowe and movement by Steven Hoggett. Once won the 2013 Grammy award for Best Musical Theatre album. The Martin Guitar Company is the proud sponsor of Once.

The original cast recording of Once is available via Masterworks Broadway, a label of Sony Masterworks - www.MasterworksBroadway.com

The Producers of the West End production are Barbara Broccoli, John N. Hart Jr., Patrick Milling Smith, Frederick Zollo, Brian Carmody, Michael G. Wilson, Orin Wolf and Michael Rose Limited in association with New York Theatre Workshop.
@nnie
Modératrice
Modératrice

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: "ONCE MUSICAL" - WEST END    Mar 10 Juin - 9:29

http://www.musicalavenue.fr/Actualite/Londres-Royaume-Uni/20140610/Ronan-Keating-fera-ses-debuts-dans-le-West-End-avec-Once-the-

Ronan Keating fera ses débuts dans le West End avec "Once, the musical"
mar, 10/06/2014 - 10:00 — Stephany Kong

10Ronan Keating, ancien chanteur du groupe irlandais Boyzone, va faire ses grands débuts dans une comédie musicale cet automne. Il jouera le rôle principal masculin de Once, the musical qui a gagné 8 Tony Awards en 2012 et dont la chanson "Falling Slowly" tirée du film avait remporté l’Oscar de la meilleure chanson originale en 2007.

Basé sur le film irlandais de 2006 du même nom, Once raconte l’histoire d’une rencontre, dans les rues de Dublin, entre un musicien de rue et une immigrée tchèque partageant le même amour pour la musique.

Ronan Keating remplacera David Hunter, qui a longtemps été doublure de Declan Bennett (Eastenders) puis Arthur Darvill (Doctor Who) dans le rôle principal du "Guy" (le 'Gars' en anglais) avant de jouer le rôle à plein temps. Il sera accompagné sur scène par Jill Winternitz dans le rôle de "Girl" (la 'fille').

@nnie
Modératrice
Modératrice

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: "ONCE MUSICAL" - WEST END    Lun 14 Juil - 17:00

@nnie
Modératrice
Modératrice

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: "ONCE MUSICAL" - WEST END    Mar 15 Juil - 15:25

@nnie
Modératrice
Modératrice

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: "ONCE MUSICAL" - WEST END    Jeu 17 Juil - 15:47

Dernière édition par @nnie le Lun 28 Juil - 23:16, édité 1 fois
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: "ONCE MUSICAL" - WEST END    Sam 19 Juil - 19:13

merci
@nnie
Modératrice
Modératrice

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: "ONCE MUSICAL" - WEST END    Dim 10 Aoû - 14:03

@nnie
Modératrice
Modératrice

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: "ONCE MUSICAL" - WEST END    Mer 27 Aoû - 9:15

Big day today. First proper rehearsal. Thank you so much to all the @OnceMusical Melbourne team for taking care of me.

RESUME

An unnamed, thirty-something Dublin busker (listed in the credits as "Guy", played by Glen Hansard) sings and plays guitar on Grafton Street, a Dublin shopping district. He struggles with the trials of performing on the street, including chasing after a heroin addict (Darren Healy) who attempts to steal his earnings. Lured by his music, an unnamed young Czech immigrant flower seller (listed in the credits as "Girl", played by Markéta Irglová) approaches him and, despite his annoyance, persists in questioning him about his songs. Delighted to learn that he also repairs vacuum cleaners in his father's shop, she insists that he fix her broken cleaner.

The next day she brings her Hoover by and parlays it into lunch together, whereupon she piques his interest by telling him that she is a musician, too. He asks to hear her play, so they visit a music store where she regularly plays piano. After teaching her one of his songs ("Falling Slowly"), which she quickly learns to play, they sing and play the song together, kindling a musical and potentially romantic connection. He invites her and her ailing vacuum back to his father's shop, and on the bus home musically answers her question as to what his songs are about: a long-time girlfriend who cheated on him, then left ("Broken-Hearted Hoover Fixer Sucker Guy").

At the shop, he repairs her vacuum and she meets his father (Bill Hodnett), who seems indifferent to his son's musical talent. The Guy takes the Girl up to his room, but when he asks her to stay the night, she is offended and leaves. The next day, he apologizes and they quickly patch things up, as over the course of a week they excitedly write, rehearse, and record songs, and get to know each other. Songs continue to be performed in a real-world, diegetic fashion, often in their entirety, as when the Girl rehearses her lyrics for one of the Guy's songs (which she titles "If You Want Me"), singing to herself while walking down the street, or when at a party, people perform impromptu (including "Gold", performed by a trio featuring guitarist Hansard singing harmony).

Their flirtation continues, but at the same time, he is thinking about and writing about ("Lies") his ex-girlfriend (Marcella Plunkett), who moved to London. The Girl encourages him to move there, win his girlfriend back, and pursue his musical career. Invited home to dinner by the Girl, the Guy discovers that she has a toddler (Kate Haugh) and lives with her mother (Danuse Ktrestova). He soon decides that it is time to move to London, but he wants to make a high-quality demo of his songs to take with him and asks the Girl to record it with him. She takes the lead as they secure a loan -- from a bank where the loan officer (Sean Miller) is a musical hobbyist -- and reserve time at a professional studio.

On a romantic motorbike jaunt aboard his father's 1966 6T Triumph Thunderbird, she reveals, much to his consternation, that she is married, though her estranged husband is back in the Czech Republic. When Guy asks if she still loves her husband, she answers in Czech, "Miluju tebe",[7] but coyly declines to translate. Although the translation is not included in the movie, in Czech language it means "It is you I love."

After recruiting a trio of musicians (Gerard Hendrick, Alaistair Foley, Hugh Walsh), they rehearse, then go into the studio to record. Their lack of experience shows, but they quickly impress the jaded studio engineer Eamon (Geoff Minogue) once they begin recording their first song ("When Your Mind's Made Up"). On a break in the wee hours of the morning, the Girl finds a piano in an empty studio and finally plays the Guy one of her own compositions ("The Hill"), which tells of romantic frustration. She breaks down before finishing the song and he responds by asking her to come with him to London, but is not prepared for the reality of her mother coming along to help with the baby.

Still, he is smitten. After the all-night session wraps up successfully, they walk home. Before they part ways, the Girl reveals that she spoke to her husband and he is coming to live with her in Dublin. The Guy asks her to spend his last night in Dublin with him; she says that it would only result in "hanky-panky", which is a "bad idea", but after the Guy's pestering, she ultimately agrees to come over. In the end, she stands him up and he cannot find her to say goodbye before his flight. He plays the demo for his father, who, moved and impressed, gives him money to help him get settled in London. Before leaving for the airport, the Guy buys the Girl a piano (a Petrof) and makes arrangements for its delivery, then calls his ex-girlfriend, who is pleased about his imminent arrival. The Girl's husband (Senan Haugh) moves to Dublin and they reunite.

Dernière édition par @nnie le Mar 2 Sep - 9:28, édité 1 fois
@nnie
Modératrice
Modératrice

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: "ONCE MUSICAL" - WEST END    Mer 27 Aoû - 12:30

Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: "ONCE MUSICAL" - WEST END    Mer 27 Aoû - 19:58

merci
@nnie
Modératrice
Modératrice

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: "ONCE MUSICAL" - WEST END    Ven 29 Aoû - 17:10

@nnie
Modératrice
Modératrice

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: "ONCE MUSICAL" - WEST END    Sam 30 Aoû - 22:51

http://www.officiallondontheatre.co.uk/news/latest-news/article/item237833/jill-winternitz-is-ronan-keatings-girl/

jILL WINTERNITZ IS RONAN KEATING’S GIRL

Reporter: Kate Stanbury, first published Fri 29 Aug 2014

Once’s current Girl, Jill Winternitz will star alongside Ronan Keating when the pop star joins the cast of the hit West End musical in November.

Winternitz, who took over from Olivier Award winner Zrinka Cvitešić in May, will continue in the role of a young Czech mother who meets an Irish busker (Keating) in the tale of love friendship and music.

One fifth of hit pop band Boyzone, Keating joins Once from 17 November, replacing the musical’s current Guy, David Hunter.

He joins a cast that also includes Fiona Bruce, Jamie Cameron, Mark Carlisle, Matthew Ganley, Mathew Hamper, Daniel Healy, Loren O’Dair, Miria Parvin, Tim Prottey-Jones and Jez Unwin.

Based on the Oscar-winning film of the same name and featuring a book by Irish playwright Enda Walsh, the production is renowned for its unique sound with a score including Leave, Gold, When You’re Mind’s Made Up and Falling Slowly.

The musical, which picked up two Olivier Awards at this year’s ceremony, is currently booking at the Phoenix Theatre until 4 July 2015.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/westend/article/Winternitz-Continues-Opposite-Ronan-Keating-In-ONCE-From-November-20140829#.VAJYy8V_udg

Winternitz Continues Opposite Ronan Keating In ONCE, From November!

August 24:08 AM 2014
unn

Winternitz Continues Opposite Ronan Keating In ONCE, From November!
Today (29 August 2014), the producers of Once announce that Jill Winternitz will be continuing in the role of Girl opposite the previously announced Ronan Keating as Guy. Keating will be joining the Olivier award-winning musical on 17 November 2014, with press night on Tuesday 25 November 2014. Once is currently booking at the Phoenix Theatre to 4 July 2015.

Based on the much-loved Oscar-winning film, Once bursts onto the stage with a musical celebration of love, friendship and Irish music performed by cast of actor/musicians. A chance encounter between a girl and guy from different worlds but with a shared love of music and songwriting sparks a deep connection and a tender, unexpected romance.

Jill Winternitz studied at UCLA and the Moscow Art Theatre School in Russia before training in the UK at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art. She made her West End debut starring as Baby in Dirty Dancing at the Piccadilly Theatre and then on tour around the UK. Her other theatre credits include A Handful of Soil at the Drayton Theatre, The Seagull at the Moscow Art Theatre School and Sunday in the Park with George at the Interlochen Center for the Arts. Her film credits include The Sorrows and The Replacement Child.

Irish recording artist, singer-songwriter and musician Ronan Keating launched his career as a member of Boyzone in 1993 and has subsequently enjoyed a hugely successful career as a solo recording artist. With Boyzone Keating has sold over 25 million records worldwide and as a solo artist 20 million. Before joining the cast of Once, Keating has returned to Australia for a fourth year as a judge on The X-Factor.

The West End production of Once opened in April 2013 went on to win the 2014 Olivier Award for Outstanding Achievement in Music. In addition, Zrinka Cvitesic won the Best Actress in a Musical Olivier for her performance as Girl. Once offers audiences a unique opportunity by serving theatregoers Irish drinks from the on-stage bar both before the performance and during the interval. The Broadway production continues at the Bernard B Jacob's Theatre. Later this year an Australian production will open at the Princess Theatre in Melbourne while the US tour continues. The original cast recording of Once is available via Masterworks Broadway, a label of Sony Masterworks - www.MasterworksBroadway.com

From the 17 November 2014 the Once London cast comprises Ronan Keating (Guy) and Jill Winternitz (Girl) together with Fiona Bruce (Baruška), Jamie Cameron (Emcee) Mark Carlisle (Da), Matthew Ganley (Švec),Mathew Hamper (Andrej), Daniel Healy (Eamon), Loren O'Dair (Reza), Miria Parvin (Ex-Girlfriend), Tim Prottey-Jones (Billy), and Jez Unwin (Bank Manager). Alternating the role of Girl's young daughter Ivanka will be Pacha Busby, Rebecca Connolly, Tigan Hawes and Audrey Newman. David Hunter continues in the role of Guy until 15 November 2014.

Once has book by award-winning Irish playwright and screenwriter Enda Walsh. Based on the 2007 motion picture written and directed by John Carney, music and lyrics are by Academy Award® winning Glen Hansard and Markéta Irglová who, for Falling Slowly, won the Oscar for Best Original Song. Directed for the stage by John Tiffany, Oncehas scenic and costume designs by Bob Crowley, lighting by Natasha Katz, sound by Clive Goodwin, musical supervision and orchestrations by Martin Lowe and movement by Steven Hoggett. Once won the 2013 Grammy award for Best Musical Theatre album. The Martin Guitar Company is the proud sponsor of Once.

The Producers of the West End production are Barbara Broccoli, John N. Hart Jr., Patrick Milling Smith, Frederick Zollo, Brian Carmody, Michael G. Wilson, Orin Wolf and Michael Rose in association with New York Theatre Workshop.

Dernière édition par @nnie le Dim 31 Aoû - 18:22, édité 1 fois
@nnie
Modératrice
Modératrice

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: "ONCE MUSICAL" - WEST END    Dim 31 Aoû - 17:53

http://www.themusicallyrics.com/o/255-once-the-musical-lyrics.html

original broadway cast recording
http://oncemusical.co.uk/preview.php
The North Strand