NOUVEAU FILM "THE RIDERS"

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
@nnie
Modératrice
Modératrice

Féminin

MessageSujet: NOUVEAU FILM "THE RIDERS"   Lun 24 Fév - 19:46

Crooner Ronan Keating is to share the screen with Australian heartthrob Luke Hemsworth (brother of Liam and Chris) and ‘Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy’ star Mark Strong in new film ‘The Riders’.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3144918/

The upcoming flick, which will be shot in Ireland, is an adaptation of Tim Winton’s 1995 Man Booker Prize nominated novel of the same name and focuses on an man called Scully whose wife suddenly disappears.

Keating has been trying to break into the acting industry for years; he auditioned for a role in Baz Luhrman’s 2001 musical ‘Moulin Rouge!’ but failed to get the part.

“I’ve been trying for years,” he told the Irish Independent. “I go to coaching and trained with accents. I tried out for Moulin Rouge 10 years ago; I read with Leonardo DiCaprio and Ewan McGregor which was very intimidating. I didn’t get it obviously.”

Keating believes he wasn’t ‘ready’ for the role at the time but thinks he has developed as an actor since then.

“It’s taken a long time for me to get it right. Maybe it’s still not right but I’m getting closer I think. It’s a really big deal for me to get this part in The Riders.

Hemsworth, Keating and Strong were due to start filming last week but production was delayed due to adverse weather conditions.

RESUME
The Riders
Tim Winton

Tim Winton depicts the panoramic tragedy of Scully, a ruddy, working-class fellow in Ireland whose wife, Jennifer, disappears suddenly and mysteriously after he has a ghostly vision of twenty horsemen one winter night. Scully’s seven-year-old daughter, Billy, may have witnessed Jennifer’s disappearance, but has been rendered mute by the ordeal. Clues lead Scully and his daughter on a quest that covers Greece, Italy, Paris, and Amsterdam, as Scully slowly accepts his failure along with the idea that some things will never be known.

The Riders
by Tim Winton

After traveling through Europe for two years, Scully and his wife Jennifer wind up in Ireland, and on a mystical whim of Jennifer's, buy an old farmhouse which stands in the shadow of a castle. While Scully spends weeks alone renovating the old house, Jennifer returns to Australia to liquidate their assets. When Scully arrives at Shannon Airport to pick up Jennifer and their seven-year-old daughter, Billie, it is Billie who emerges -- alone. There is no note, no explanation, not so much as a word from Jennifer, and the shock has left Billie speechless. In that instant, Scully's life falls to pieces.
The Riders is a superbly written and a darkly haunting story of a lovesick man in a vain search for a vanished woman. It is a powerfully accurate account of marriage today, of the demons that trouble relationships, of resurrection found in the will to keep going, in the refusal to hold on, to stand still. The Riders is also a moving story about the relationship between a loving man and his tough, bright daughter.

Dernière édition par @nnie le Lun 24 Fév - 20:29, édité 1 fois
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://ronankeating-france.blogspot.fr/
@nnie
Modératrice
Modératrice

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: NOUVEAU FILM "THE RIDERS"   Lun 24 Fév - 20:23

http://www.irishpost.co.uk/entertainment/ronan-keating-shoot-new-dark-movie-riders-ireland

By Irish Post on February 24, 2014

RONAN Keating will return to Ireland to shoot a film adaptation of a Man Booker Prize novel, The Riders.

He will star alongside Luke Hemsworth – brother of fellow Australian heartthrob actors, Liam and Chris – and Tinker, Tailor, Soldier Spy’s Mark Strong.

The film is based on Tim Winton’s 1995 Man Booker Prize nominated novel, The Riders, and the story centres on a man called Scully whose wife suddenly disappears. It will be shot in Ireland on location this year.

It’s not a comedy,” Keating said, “it’s very serious and very dark.”

This is not the first attempt that the Boyzone frontman has made to break into the acting industry.

In 2001 he auditioned but failed to get the part in Baz Luhrman’s Moulin Rouge, but most recently he made his acting debut in the light-hearted Australian musical film Goddess, where he plays a whale activist who is married to an aspiring singer called Elspeth.

He was in Dublin over the weekend with partner Storm Uechtritz for the Irish premiere of the film Goddess at the Jameson Dublin International Film Festival.

“I’ve been trying for years,” he said of his acting journey.

“I go to coaching and trained with accents. I tried out for Moulin Rouge 10 years ago; I read with Leonardo DiCaprio and Ewan McGregor which was very intimidating. I didn’t get it obviously.

“It’s taken a long time for me to get it right. Maybe it’s still not right but I’m getting closer I think. It’s a really big deal for me to get this part in The Riders.”

Filming for The Riders was due to commence last week, but the severe weather conditions delayed production.

Keating will also appear in the film adaptation of Stones in His Pockets and will provide the singing voice of Postman Pat in the upcoming 3D movie.

The Riders will be directed by Danish filmmaker Hans Fabian Wullenweber and produced by Palm Beach Entertainment.

It is set for release in May 2014.

rONAN'S NEW ROLE
Boyzone star Ronan Keating is taking this acting malarky very seriously indeed and has already bagged himself another movie role. The singer, who attended the Irish premiere of his first film Goddess in Dublin on Saturday night, has been cast in new flick The Riders. The movie, which Keating describes as "very dark and very serious". In an interview with The Irish Post Ronan said: "It's taken a long time for me to get it right. Maybe it's still not right but I'm getting closer I think. It's a really big deal for me to get this part in The Riders." Filming for the new movie is set to begin in Dublin this month after being postponed due to weather conditions. And it doesn't stop there. It was earlier revealed that Ronan will play the singing voice of Postman Pat in the upcoming 3D movie as well as taking a role in the movie version of Stones In His Pockets later this year.

http://ronankeating-france.blogspot.fr/
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: NOUVEAU FILM "THE RIDERS"   Mar 25 Fév - 19:43

merci
@nnie
Modératrice
Modératrice

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: NOUVEAU FILM "THE RIDERS"   Mer 26 Fév - 14:29

http://fr.canoe.ca/divertissement/cinema/nouvelles/2012/08/31/20160126-relaxnews.html

Lara Pulver
Irma

Liam McIntyre
Scully

Richard E. Grant
Alex

Nigel Havers
Max

Ronan Keating
Pete

Pixie Davies
Billy