Becks says ‘oui’ to Paris St Germain

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
@nnie
Modératrice
Modératrice

Féminin

MessageSujet: Becks says ‘oui’ to Paris St Germain    Jeu 31 Jan - 19:33

http://www.lemonde.fr/sport/article/2013/01/31/transfert-david-beckham-annonce-a-paris_1825507_3242.html

and star's salary will go to children's charity
Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4772019/David-Beckham-joins-Paris-St-Germain.html#ixzz2JaDTo2fF

CHARITY MAN ... David Beckham will play for free with salary going to local cause
DAVID BECKHAM has signed for Paris St Germain on a five-month deal.
And the former England captain will play for FREE after donating his salary to a local children's charity.

Becks, 37, underwent a medical in France before wrapping up the latest move in his globetrotting career.

He said: "One of the reasons I wanted to come to Paris was we decided on something quite unique.
I won't receive any salary. My salary will go to a local children's charity.

"That's one of the things we're excited and proud to do. It's something exciting and I'm not sure it's been done before." The former England skipper, a free agent since leaving LA Galaxy at the end of the MLS season, considered a number of offers before deciding to link up with manager Carlo Ancelotti in the French capital.

Beckham, who made his name at Manchester United before joining Real Madrid, played for Ancelotti during a loan spell with AC Milan.

He added: "I’m very lucky. I’m 37 years old and I got a lot of offers, more now than I’ve probably had in my career. I’m very honoured by that.

I chose Paris because I can see what the club are trying to do. I can see who the club are trying to bring in.

“It’s an exciting city and now there’s a club that’s going to have a lot of success over the next 10, 20, 30 years.

“I’m very honoured I’ve been picked to be part of the future of PSG.

Every club I’ve played for throughout the world I’ve been successful with.

“I was successful with Manchester United and always said I’d never want to play for another English club.

“I had a lot of history with Manchester United. It’s the team I support and the team I dreamt of playing for.

“I’m very honoured by the offers I had from other Premier League clubs but I didn’t want to play there unless it was for Manchester United."

The switch reunites the midfielder with PSG director Leonardo, who he became friends with at Milan.

Joey Barton, currently on loan at Ligue 1 side Marseille, believes Beckham will be a big hit in France.

Barton tweeted: "He'll be great for French football.

"But he'll remain the second best/best looking Englishman in France. That'll hurt his confidence

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://ronankeating-france.blogspot.fr/
@nnie
Modératrice
Modératrice

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: Becks says ‘oui’ to Paris St Germain    Jeu 28 Fév - 20:26

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2286110/David-Beckham-meets-legion-French-fans-following-successful-Paris-St-Germain-debut.html

Bonjour! David Beckham meets his legion of French fans following his successful Paris St Germain debut
By Fay Strang
PUBLISHED: 19:25 GMT, 28 February 2013 | UPDATED: 20:10 GMT, 28 February 2013

..He got a standing ovation following his first start for Paris St Germain on Wednesday evening.
And on Thursday it was David Beckham’s chance to say thank you as he met and greeted his French fans at an appearance at the Adidas store in Paris.
Proving he’s already a hit across the Channel the footballer, who is never shy about putting on show, gave a demonstration of his well-known fancy footwork for his waiting French fans.

Dressed in a pair of dark blue jeans and a black hoody, the 36-year-old looked sportier than he usually does when not on the pitch

Teaming his outfit with a pair of yellow trainers, David looked ready to show off some of his skills, which he didn’t hesitate to do, much to the delight of the hundreds of waiting fans.
Outside the store the streets were lined with people all hoping to catch a look of the handsome star

Those who were lucky enough, got the chance to meet their idol and even get a few items signed by him.
Joined by Zinedine Zidane, David looked delighted by the turnout, if not a little overwhelmed by such a warm welcome.
On Wednesday evening David helped his new team secure a 2-0 win over Joey Barton's Marseille in the Coupe de France.

The former England captain played 86 minutes in the quarter-final tie and was subbed off to a standing ovation from the home fans.
'I was just very happy to play tonight and to help set up goals for others,' said the father-of-four after the game.
'I had a slight hand in the second goal on Sunday and again here so I’m happy,' David added

'I came here knowing that I wouldn’t be in the team from the word go. We have a good team and I want to add something to it.
'If that means starting then great, and if it means being on the bench then great.'
Even though it was a great start for the footballer, he managed to get involved in a mid-match bust up with the Ayew brothers.

The altercation resulted in David and Andre Ayew being booked, but nevertheless, the Brit left the pitch to huge cheers.
Ahead of the game David was greeted by a full-on red carpet and again crowds of cheering fans.
Fortunately he was dressed for occasion in a dapper black suit and tie, making the whole affair seem more like a premiere than a football match.
David posed for photographs and signed autographs as he made his way into the Parc des Princes stadium.

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://ronankeating-france.blogspot.fr/

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1