Guy Sebastian 'not sure' about 'X Factor' Australia returnPublished Thursday, Mar 15 2012, 06:50 GMT | By Guy Sebastian has revealed that he has not yet signed up for the next season of The X Factor Australia.
The Aussie singer, who judged the show last year alongside Natalie Bassingthwaighte, Ronan Keating and Mel B, said that he feels like he might benefit more from trying to build a fanbase in the UK.
Sebastian told The Daily Telegraph: "I really want to do X Factor, I had so much fun last year and I had really good talent. It means I'm at home, you have a reliable income.
"But... my focus this year is the UK. I've locked in a little team of lawyers and agents and had a meeting with a label who's keen. I'm at that crossroads: do I take a massive hit in income and release in the US and UK, or do I do the show and try to do both? It's going to be a tough decision."
Sebastian admitted that he is currently enjoying a "creative spurt", adding: "I'm in love with music more than I ever have been. I know I'm really loving music when I listen to heaps."
The musician is currently looking for a rapper to guest on his latest track 'Battle Scars', but admitted that he has his reservations about the single, adding: "I love the song, but it's a little bit dark. I've got to be prepared not to have massive radio support for every song."
Sebastian recently became a dad for the first time when his wife Jules gave birth to a little boy called Hudson. He said that fatherhood is helping inspire him with his songwriting.