Modératrice
Modératrice

Féminin

MessageSujet: MARK PLUNKETT et le GROUPE "LITTLE ANGELS"   Mar 17 Jan - 10:40

twitter @MarkDPlunkett
Download 2012 - bring it on!! http://www.littleangelsofficial.com/site/

MARK PLUNKETT manager de RONAN et de BOYZONE
a fait partie d'un groupe de rock nommé 'LITTLE ANGELS"
ce groupe réuni à nouveau fera une spéciale performance au festival DOWNLOAD à CASTLE DONNINGTON
en juin 2012

lancement de leur nouveau site le 17.1.2012
http://www.littleangelsofficial.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2&Itemid=105#

http://www.littleangelsofficial.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3:singles&catid=10:discography&Itemid=105

HISTORIQUE :
On July 2nd 1994 the Little Angels played their final gig to a sold out Royal Albert Hall in London. Toby Jepson, Bruce Dickinson, Mark Plunkett, Jimmy Dickinson & Mark Richardson took their final bow, shook hands and brought to an end the life of one of the UK’s finest rock bands, splitting up at the height of their popularity.

In June 2012 the Little Angels will make their long overdue return.

Little Angels’ beginings were hatched at Filey School, North Yorkshire in 1984, when Toby Jepson (Vocals) and Mark Plunkett (Bass) formed their first band, Zeus. A year later at Scarborough Sixth Form College they teamed up with Dave Hopper (Drums) and the brothers Bruce & Jimmy Dickinson (Guitar and Keyboards respectively) to form Mr Thrud.

The band name is changed to Little Angels as they record their 1987 EP at Blue Strike Recorders in Harrogate. That same year the band team up with their manager, Kevin Nixon, and release their debut mini album, Too Posh To Mosh, on Powerstation Records. Through the summer they support Guns N Roses, Faith No More and Tesla at the legendary Marquee Club on London’s Wardour Street.

The following year Dave Hopper is replaced on drums by Michael Lee, formely of thrash metal band Holocade. The band record their first single, 90 In The Shade and set out on their breakthrough Rock N Roll Education tour, playing in schools at lunchtime and clubs at night across the UK.

In 1989 the band are offered a major recording deal, backstage at the Marquee Club. They sign to Polydor Records and release the Big Bad EP and their first album, Don’t Prey For Me. At this time they are joined in the studio and on stage by the Big Bad Horns. The horn section of Dave Kemp, Grant Kirkhope and Frank Mizen would remain with band for the following five years.

August 1990 sees the band make their debut performance on Top Of The Pops as the single She’s A Little Angel reaches number 21 in the UK singles chart. The band enter the studio to record their second album at Great Linford in Milton Keynes. The planned album title of Spitfire is changed to Young Gods as the Gulf War breaks out. The first single, Boneyard, is banned by Radio 1 in January of 1991. The band take off around Europe supporting ZZ Top on their stadium tour.

Later that year, Lee leaves the band during the Young Gods tour after successfully auditioning for The Cult. He is replaced by Mark Richardson, who filled in for him on several tour dates before taking his place officially during the recording of the band's third record, Jam. Rich’s first appearance with the band was on the TV show Jim’ll Fix It in December of ‘91.

In the Summer of 1992 the band play Wembley Stadium as they tour with Bryan Adams. Adams joins them later that year to record backing vocals on Too Much Too Young. The single is the first track from the Jam album that goes to number 1 in the UK album chart in January ’93. The second single, Womankind, gives the band their biggest hit reaching number 12 in the UK singles chart. The band tour Europe with Van Halen and Bon Jovi as they establish themselves as a major force across the UK and Europe. The bands live following grows as they headline their own Jammed Live tour and release their Jam On Film live video.

In 1994 the band release Little Of the Past as their relationship with Polydor comes to an end. As the band decide to call it a day they release Too Posh To Mosh Too Good To Last through Castle Communications and set our on a farewell tour of the UK, culminating on July 2nd 1994 at the Royal Albert Hall.

In November 2008 Michael Lee dies at the age of thirty-nine. Toby, Bruce, Jimmy and Mark meet again for the first time in fifteen years as they attend his funeral in Darlington. From the tragic death of their band-mate old friendships are rekindled.

BAND MEMBERS

Toby Jepson (vocals)
Toby has released several solo recordings and toured extensively as a solo artist since the demise of Little Angels. He has also had spells on vocals with Gun, Fastway and most recently Dio Disciples. He has a successful career as a record producer, working with amongst others, Saxon, Fastway, The Virginmarys and Marion.

Bruce John Dickinson (guitar)
With his brother, Jimmy and Rich, Bruce formed the blues rock band b.l.o.w. along with Dave Goulding from Irish band, No Sweat. After a spell running the Academy of Contemporary Music in Guildford, Bruce went on to found the successful BIMM group of music colleges in Brighton, Bristol & Dublin.

Mark Plunkett (bass)
Mark is director of MP Music Services Ltd and manages both Ronan Keating and Boyzone. He has had number one albums as an artiste, tour manager, co-manager and manager – all with Polydor Records.

Jimmy Dickinson (keyboards)
After b.l.o.w. Jimmy formed the ‘Younger Younger 28’s releasing the album ‘Soap’ on Richard Branson’s V2 label and writing music for Sony Playstation games. He then moved into teaching and is now a lecturer at Bath Spa University and is studying for his PhD in composition.

Mark ‘Rich’ Richardson (drums)
After b.l.o.w. in August 1995, Rich joined Skunk Anansie. Whilst the band took a break from recording and touring Rich had a succesful spell on drums with Feeder. Skunk Anansie reformed in 2009 and Rich continues to record and tour with them.

DISCOGRAPHY

Albums
‘Too Posh To Mosh’ [Mini Album] (1987)
‘Don't Prey for Me’ (1989)
‘Young Gods’ (1991) UK #17
‘Jam’ (1993) UK#1
‘A Little of the Past’ (1994) UK#20
‘Too Posh to Mosh, Too Good to Last’ (1994) UK#1

Singles
‘90 In The Shade’ (1988)
‘Big Bad EP’ featuring "She's a Little Angel’ (1989) UK #74
‘Big Bad World’ (Japanese only, seven track CD)
‘Do You Wanna Riot’ (1989) UK #91
‘Don't Pray For Me’ (1989) UK #93
‘Kicking up Dust’ (1990) UK #46
‘Radical Your Lover’ (1990) UK #34
‘She's A Little Angel’ (1990) UK #21
‘Boneyard’ (1991) UK #33
‘Product of the Working Class’ (1991) UK #40
‘Young Gods’ (1991) UK #34
‘I Ain't Gonna Cry’ (1991) UK #26
‘Too Much Too Young’ (1992) UK #22
‘Womankind’ (1993) UK #12
‘Soapbox’ (1993) UK #33
‘Sail Away’ (1993) UK #45
‘Ten Miles High’ (1994) UK #18

WEBSITE
www.littleangelsofficial.com

Toby, Bruce, Mark, Jimmy & Rich will re-unite for a special guest performance at the Download Festival, Castle Donnington.

Dernière édition par @nnie le Mar 17 Jan - 12:07, édité 1 fois
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://ronankeating-france.blogspot.fr/
nanie
Langue Pendue
Langue Pendue

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: MARK PLUNKETT et le GROUPE "LITTLE ANGELS"   Mar 17 Jan - 11:55

merci
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: MARK PLUNKETT et le GROUPE "LITTLE ANGELS"   Mar 17 Jan - 17:30

MERCI
lauribz
Langue Pendue
Langue Pendue

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: MARK PLUNKETT et le GROUPE "LITTLE ANGELS"   Sam 21 Jan - 20:54

merci annie on en découvre tous les jours!
@nnie
Modératrice
Modératrice

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: MARK PLUNKETT et le GROUPE "LITTLE ANGELS"   Sam 17 Mar - 19:20

http://www.bigbadworld.net/littleangels/biography/markplunkett.htm

MARK PLUNKETT

Toby Jepson | Michael Lee | Mark Richardson | Mark Plunkett | Jimmy Dickinson | Bruce Dickinson

(Bass and second vocal)

Date of birth 28 April 1968

Mark Plunkett, otherwise known as Tartan Blanket is a native of Skipton, North Yorkshire. Born April 28, 1968 his family moved to the Scarborough area when Mark was aged seven.

Living in the tiny village of Hunmanby one of young Mark's first new friends was Toby Jepson, a boy with delusions of grandeur about rock music, they were both eight years old.

Mark clearly inherited his teacher mother Nancy's academic abilities and seemed destined towards a successful business career, however by the time he was fourteen Toby had roped him into his first band, named "Zeus". Their debut gig was in the Filey Comprehensive School Greenhouse!

By the time Mark was at Scarborough Sixth Form College, he and Toby met Bruce Dickinson via the college Jazz Band, in which Mark played trumpet. This band "The Easy Band" was popular enough to play the famous Albert Hall in London. However, Mark was realising the potential of "Mr Thrud" as they were now known, and soon all of his efforts were concentrated on rock bass playing, however he did manage to pass 3 A-Levels.

Mark is a practical person and consequently involved himself with the management of the band more than the others. His ambitions are to live in a beach house "somewhere warm" and to headline Wembley Arena in London. His favourite possessions are his Ray Bans and his leather jacket and he loves to drive (everyone else mad), eat, tour, sleep and watch movies. His favourite bands are Aerosmith and the original Bad Company. His most satisfying gig was at Cardiff St. David's Hall in March '91 on the Road Gods World Tour.

Since 1994...

The last I heard, Mark Plunkett continues to tour manage Boyzone and is Ronan Keating's manager.

He is married and has two little ones - a boy and a girl.

Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: MARK PLUNKETT et le GROUPE "LITTLE ANGELS"   Dim 18 Mar - 15:14

MERCI ANNIE
nanie
Langue Pendue
Langue Pendue

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: MARK PLUNKETT et le GROUPE "LITTLE ANGELS"   Dim 18 Mar - 17:10

merci
@nnie
Modératrice
Modératrice

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: MARK PLUNKETT et le GROUPE "LITTLE ANGELS"   Mar 27 Mar - 18:44

27th MARCH 2012

Q: So how did you go from Little Angels to Boyzone management and from Scarborough to Thailand? Michelle Pryke, Kent
MP: When we shook hands at the Royal Albert Hall in July 1994, i had no real desire to go on and play with anyone else. I'd been in a band with my best mates and just felt that that part of my life had come to a satisfying end. I had a good relationship with Polydor records so when they first brought Boyzone over to the UK, later that year, they asked me to look after them. It was meant to be for two weeks but that two weeks has become seventeen and a half years so far!
I moved from Scarborough in my early 20's and have lived down in surrey since. We've got a place in Phuket too so I spend part of my time there - hence the tan! My wife and I both have family back up in Scarborough so it's great to go back there and get some northern sea air, play a round at Ganton Golf Club and pop in for a coffee with Toby. I've still got the Yorkshire accent but my kids have a very worrying 'home counties' accent - I have a 'bath' but they have a 'barth'!!

Q: Hi Mark, so glad you're back together. I followed you from the very beginning and saw you live over 50 times. The Angels have always been brilliant with their fans, one day at the very beginning me and a couple of mates buzzed the offices at Song Management in York and Jimmy came down and let us in. We sat and talked for ages, so long in fact that I left my crash helmet when we left. You gave us a copy each of the 87 E.P. Something I treasure to this day. My question is... Which current band would you like to hear cover a Little Angels song. Please don't say Ronan doing Womankind !!!!! All the best for the future and please make this little dream a bit more than a one gig comeback !!!! Darren Nunn, York
MP: 50 gigs is pretty impressive, Darren! It’s funny to think that a band might cover one of our songs someday. I’d never really thought about it but I guess it would be cool if it were a new band that grew up together in a small town as we did. It’s funny you mention Ronan and 'Womankind' as he actually remembers seeing us do that song on 'Top Of The Pops' back in the day. Look out for him singing along at Download!!

Q: Although Little Angels are before my time (as im 18) when i saw you were announced for Download i had a listen to you and I love your music. Considering you guys have been missing for 17 years how nervous are you to step out and play on the hallowed Donington Park (Download Festival) in June? Thank You! Chris Walters, Manchester, UK.
MP: It all seems a bit mad at the moment as I'm sitting here practicing my parts having not played for 17 years. We went to Monsters Of Rock at Donington years back but never played there, so to get the chance now is a big deal for us. I've really no idea what to expect in terms of how many people will be there to watch us and how many of them will care either way that we're there! I'm sure there'll be some nerves flying around but we all went in to this with a promise that we'd only do it if we were all going to have a great day - let's hope so!! I'm probably more worried about what my kids will make of it as they've never seen me play - and we all know how brutally honest teenagers can be when it comes to their parents embarrassing them!

Q: Any tips for budding bass guitarists/guitarists? And would you ever play bass with another band? Vicky-Leigh Sayer, Wales
MP: This is going to sound terrible but it's hard to think of myself as a bass guitarist. I’ve not played for 17 years so I’ve been working at getting my chops back together and remembering all the songs. There were a few blisters early on but I think my fingers have hardened up a little now! As a band we all had a great work ethic early on, we practiced loads and were passionate about what we did. I guess that stood us in good stead as a band and individual players - so I guess that would be my one bit of advice.

Q: I always remember you doing the harmonising with Toby at gigs. How good is your singing? And have you ever recorded any solo material? If so you know my next question...Also what is your best time for 10k? Michael Sherlock, Newport, Wales
MP: It's funny, we had a rehearsal day at the end of last year and that was the first time we'd played together since 1994. I'd done a bit of bass practice so felt ok with that. We started 'She's A Little Angel' and as it got to the first chorus I though I might as well have a go at the backing vocal. I'd not sung a note for 17 years so was pretty surprised when it sounded ok. I think it took Toby my surprise too as he looked across with a 'where the f**k did that come from' look on his face! I've never run a competitive 10k so don't have a time for that. My best marathon time was four years ago in London at 3 hours 21 minutes. I did the marathon in Phuket two years ago but really struggled with the heat. Last year I did the Laguna Phuket Triathlon and loved it so I'm keen to do that again this year and try and beat my time. I'm not great on the swim leg but love the bike and don't mind hanging in there for the run at the end.

Q: I wondered if you could clear something up for me - I was having a discussion with my Dad last week because in the 80s I was a big fan of yours and we came to see you (I have a CD signed by the band). I thought we saw you in a place called the Sherlock Holmes but I can't find it's existence on the internet and my Dad swears he's never heard of it! I was probably about 14 or 15 but I am sure it was called that! Please rescue me from my Dad's smugness!!! And I listened to the CD again because we were talking about you and it was a real blast from the past! You guys were super cool! Cheers! Melinda Foster, Rossendale, Lancashire
MP: Sorry, Melinda, but I'm with your old man - never heard of anywhere called the Sherlock Holmes! We played in lots of dodgy places early on but pretty sure that wasn't one of them. There's a pretty comprehensive list of all the gigs we did on the MySpace site. Some of the early dates are a bit sketchy as we weren't great at keeping a diary!

Q: 1)Who first came up with the name Little Angels,2)And who came up with the idea of having a Devil logo 3)have you still got your Union Jack bass. Roky, Hull
MP: I think the name may have come from our manager, Kevin Nixon, at the time. We new we wanted to change it from 'Mr Thrud' but it took ages to come up with something. A mate of ours from Scarborough, Charlie Cutforth, did the devil face for us. it took us a while to realise what was going on with the devil's eyebrows and nose - a lot of people still haven't worked that one out!! Sorry but the Union Jack bass went a good few years back. I can't remember who I sold it too, or for how much! Never seen it since so let me know if you come across it. I've still got the precision that I always used and it still sounds great so I'm happy enough with that.

Q: Mark, I gather after Little Angels split up you went on to manage Boyzone and Ronan Keating. How does the thrill of playing live in your own band compare to enabling someone else to do it through band management? And did Boyzone know any Little Angels tunes? Mark, Woking.
MP: I’d be lying if I said I didn't miss the thrill of being on stage but I’ve been very lucky to have the opportunity to work with a band and solo artiste that have had a lot of success. The first gig I did with Boyzone was at 'Options' nightclub in Kingston. I turned up with a D.A.T. tape and they sang along for a few songs. From that it was great to help and see them grow to an international arena act. I appreciate people might not be into their music but if you saw one of their gigs now you'd certainly appreciate that they know how to put on a show and keep an audience happy.

Q: I notice in your new band picture youre wearing rosary beads , On your years away did you find God ? Or are you just a changed man due to the time spent with the gentlemen of Boyzone? Theresa Greene, Dublin
MP: Are you the same Theresa Greene that used to hang out with Logsa Browne down the Hoath Road? Didn't you once fall down a trap door in the stage at a Bz gig?

Q: Hi Mark, Great to have the LA back!!! In a reply to a question in the last Q&A Bruce mentioned that he wasn't sure people remembered you guys. Can you tell me if you or any of the other guys have been aware of the online Facebook group which has been flying the flag for the last few years? myself and Andy Walker run the group (more so andy this last year or so). One other question, Which bass players would you class as influences to you over the years? Thanks! Smile Gregg, North Lincolnshire
MP: Thanks for the support, Gregg. I'm not on Facebook so sorry for not following it a bit closer. It's great to see all the on-line stuff since we announced we were coming back for Download. I just hope we don't disappoint you all!! Although I was a bass player, growing up I was more into guitarists like Eddie Van Halen and just great bands in general. I loved 'Bad Company' and early 'Queen'. every now and again I'd listen to Stanley Clarke who's an amazing bass player but the jazz funk thing always left me a little cold.

Q: Possibly a slightly strange question, but with you being involved with Boyzone and there reunion ( which my wife was very pleased about by the way). Did the success of that have any baring on your own decision to reform with the rest of the lads? James Oldbury, Newark, Notts
MP: It's ok James, you're allowed to admit you like Boyzone along with your wife! Our reunion was more down to the four of use meeting up at Mike's funeral. That planted the seed and got us all talking again and then Andy Copping from Live Nation (who we've known since the old Nottingham Rock City days) offered us the Download date. We'll probably do a couple of small warm-up shows beforehand so keep an eye out for an announcement about that pretty soon.

nanie
Langue Pendue
Langue Pendue

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: MARK PLUNKETT et le GROUPE "LITTLE ANGELS"   Mer 28 Mar - 5:06

merci
@nnie
Modératrice
Modératrice

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: MARK PLUNKETT et le GROUPE "LITTLE ANGELS"   Lun 4 Juin - 19:26

http://www.littleangelsofficial.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=45&Itemid=107

https://twitter.com/#!/MarkDPlunkett

https://twitter.com/#!/LittleAngelsJam

Ronan Keating ‏@ronanofficial
Good luck to @MarkDPlunkett and @LittleAngelsJam first gig tonight. Get the spandex out. ��

nanie
Langue Pendue
Langue Pendue

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: MARK PLUNKETT et le GROUPE "LITTLE ANGELS"   Mar 5 Juin - 5:03

merci
Amélie.B
Langue Pendue
Langue Pendue

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: MARK PLUNKETT et le GROUPE "LITTLE ANGELS"   Mar 5 Juin - 11:12

merci annie
@nnie
Modératrice
Modératrice

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: MARK PLUNKETT et le GROUPE "LITTLE ANGELS"   Ven 8 Juin - 14:17

nanie
Langue Pendue
Langue Pendue

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: MARK PLUNKETT et le GROUPE "LITTLE ANGELS"   Sam 9 Juin - 7:15

merci
@nnie
Modératrice
Modératrice

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: MARK PLUNKETT et le GROUPE "LITTLE ANGELS"   Dim 10 Juin - 9:22

nanie
Langue Pendue
Langue Pendue

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: MARK PLUNKETT et le GROUPE "LITTLE ANGELS"   Lun 11 Juin - 5:29

merci
@nnie
Modératrice
Modératrice

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: MARK PLUNKETT et le GROUPE "LITTLE ANGELS"   Lun 10 Déc - 0:50

Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: MARK PLUNKETT et le GROUPE "LITTLE ANGELS"   

MARK PLUNKETT et le GROUPE "LITTLE ANGELS"
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1